We Are LGBT Friendly
We are committed to ensuring people feel confident to use our services no matter who you are and we are committed to making sure all our patients feel supported and listened to.
If you would like to discuss any of this or would like to speak to someone regarding registration or the practice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statistics from LGBT foundation website state
- 1 in 5 lesbian, gay and bisexual patients report that their sexual orientation is a factor in them delaying accessing health services.(Richardson, Jo. 2010)
- 1 in 4 lesbian, gay and bisexual people are not out to any health professionals. (NHS Wirral, 2012)
- Lesbian, gay and bisexual patients are twice as likely to report they have no trust or confidence in their GP. (National GP Survey 2012)
- 3 in 4 trans people have been called the wrong name or pronoun by a health professional (J. McNeil, 2012)
- Over half of trans people feel they need to pass as non-trans to be accepted by health professionals (J. McNeil, 2012)
- If LGBT people have experienced discrimination at any point, their fear of further discrimination will often prevent them from speaking out. (D.Herda 2013)
There is further information and support available and below
THT HIV, Sexual Health and Wellbeing for Trans Men – Copy