Lonsdale has an active PPG that meets four times each year and publishes a quarterly newsletter. We usually have more than 20 people at our meetings.
In October 2018 we adopted a charter that describes the role of the PPG and how it operates. You can read it on this page. Our aim is to act as a liaison between patients and the Practice and make sure the practice puts the patient, and improving health, at the heart of everything it does. We work closely with the Practice Manager and the LMC staff and they welcome our feedback and seek our views.
The PPG also has a digital sub-group to add our voice to the many changes that are coming about in the NHS with the introduction of new technology.
Deborah Unger is the current chair of the PPG. You can reach her via the PPG email email@example.com.
The next meeting of the practice’s Patient Participation Group (PPG) will be in October.
Date: Tuesday October 8
Light refreshments will be served
Doors open at 6.30pm
We hope to see as many of you as possible at the meeting. Newcomers very welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are coming, or leave a message with the Practice reception.
The agenda will include:
♦ Reports by one of the GP Partners and Ratish Pillai, the Practice Manager, on any news from the Practice including staffing changes
Updates on ongoing PPG activities
♦ An open space where members can raise their own questions and suggestions. These can be raised on the night of the meeting, or sent in advance by email at email@example.com – or talk to a member of staff at reception.
A brief outline of what is a patient participation group can be found here What is a PPG?
Our Spring Newsletter has just been published and can be found here PPG Newsletter Spring
The minutes of our previous PPG meetings can be found below
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.
Role of the Lonsdale Medical Centre Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The role of the Lonsdale PPG is to promote and sustain co-operation between the Practice and patients to the benefit of both, acting as a “critical friend” – and fulfilling an official requirement.
Its aims and objectives are:
- To support and build a two-way relationship between patients and the Practice.
- To advise on the developments and the continual improvement of the Practice.
- To seek out and listen to the views of patients and their carers, especially those individuals and groups whose voices are not usually heard.
- To raise issues for consideration which are evidence-based, and which demonstrate that they are a matter of wider concern.
Meeting Ground Rules
- Meetings of the Group are not forums for specific individual complaints.
- The Group advocates open and honest communication and challenge between individuals.
- The Group will be flexible, listen, ask for help and provide support.
- The Group will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results.
- All views are valid and will be listened to: they should be put through the Chair.
- Participants in the Group will respect one another and behave accordingly – anyone who behaves rudely will be asked to leave.
- No phones or other disruptions are permitted.
- Minutes of each Group meeting will be kept, sent to the Chair of the meeting concerned for checking and then circulated promptly.
- Meetings will start and finish on time and stick to the agreed agenda